Wednesday, November 16, 2011

RV Repair Shop - #2 Visit

Larry called from America Choice RV Repair and said he needed to count the cogs on the gears that required replacement on our 31K Chateau.  RU kidding?  I swore I'd never leave this sanctuary.  Silver River State Park has become my refuge.  I refuse to go back to "civilization"....and its billboards and red lights and dirty streets.  Bob felt otherwise and packed up so fast I didn't have time to finish my email.  He was driving and I was still typing away.  We needed to drive to North Ocala, but unknown to me Bob was heading to SOUTH Ocala.

When I finally noticed we'd been driving too long of a time, we were lost and far, far from our destination.  We endured stop and go traffic all of the way across Ocala to get to the shop.  Our stowed goods were scrambled in their cupboards.  It felt like a nightmare, so I tried to think positive:  This is an interesting tour of Ocala, and soon we'll be one step closer to getting our slide in working order.

While Larry was counting cogs, I decided to see what kind of RVs were in the shop today.


Surprise!  It looked like that Winnebago was still in the shop.  Unbelievable (to me) as I hadn't accepted the review stating Winnies had problems with reliability.

I walked around to the other end to see if it really was the same RV.  It wasn't....which was another surprise.  How many of the much-loved Winnebago RVs could be in the garage for repair?  This couldn't be happening.  Were the high numbers due to the fact so many are on the road?


I needed to collect more data before giving up my prejudice for Wini RVs.  I found this Fleetwood Class A in the shop.  What's behind it?


Why it's a Cambria....made by Itasca of Winnebago.  What!?  Larry has finished counting his cogs, so it's time to end my data collection....at least until the next time we are in the shop.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post....or send comments/questions directly to us at camphost.White@gmail.com