Wednesday, November 16, 2011

#3 Visit to the RV Repair Station

We cut our trip short--to only a few hours--at Juniper Springs.  Larry called to say the part was in and we needed to return to Ocala.  No!  How could we interrupt our celebration of nature's best!?  I didn't want to believe it was true, but there we were turning our 31K over to the mechanics...again.  Was this coach put together by an imposter...an amateur?...or worse, someone who could care less?  I looked around to see if perchance a Winnebago might be in the garage.
The first RV I spotted was...yep, a Winnebago.  Sad.  Lined up beside this ailing RV was a Class-A Itasca Ellipse (a Winnebago product), a Fleetwood Prowler with its innards showing, a 5th wheel Mobile Suites (advertised as having "the best bang for the buck") and one wounded Dutchmen RV.

 Below is a closeup of that Fleetwood Prowler with its forward slide pulled out.

A quick walk just around the corner revealed another surprise:  a Winnebago product, a new looking Cambria.  Oh, no...what could be wrong with it?

By now I was rubbing my eyes, because in the very next bay was another Mobile Suites ....

It was like there was a race on to be "popular" in the garage, as I found yet another Winnebago, a Four Winds (not ours) and this shiny Windsport (shown below).  

Next I found a Georgie Boy Landau Motorhome, a Safari Zanzibar (shown below in the rain) next to a Crescendo by Gulf Stream....an Itaska Sunrise (Winnebago product) an Infinity coach, and an Independence,
 TWO Hurricanes by Thor, and one brown-striped Dolphin by National (a bankrupt company)...  All were being worked on today. 

The next day I found two more Mobile Suites trailers had moved in for repair.
Winnebago products are still in the lead, however.
A Bighorn by Heartland had joined the ranks, looking a bit small next to the Fleetwood Excursion.
I know the Bounder is a very popular RV, so I had to find out why it came in today.  Ahhh...nothing mechanical, it just needs a little body work (although I couldn't tell where).
So...now I'm going to ask the mechanics which type of RV they see most often. 
I've got to know!  When it comes to anything RV, I'm pretty much ignorant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post....or send comments/questions directly to us at camphost.White@gmail.com